Tuesday, June 26, 2012

May You be Blessed, My Child

She is my second-born but to her being second doesn't mean she has to be second in everything else. That's what I truly miss about her. I like her ever-emerging spirits, her zest and eagerness in attaining what she sets out to achieve and she gives her all each time every time.

She's a bouncy, lively and joyful kind of person although she does brood and tend to get pessimistic at times which are exactly the things that she is learning to shun or turn away from. As a matter of fact, she has made progress in learning to spin the negatives around and turn them into something that will boost the drive even more.


I could practically see her maturity and outlook taking shape and suddenly realized that she's no longer my baby girl she used to be. Being in a hostel before and now miles and miles away from home have certainly opened up her eyes in learning about the various facets of life the hard but meaningful way which is always the more effective one.

I can say that she fits in well in any group too, be it young or old. Once, I saw her mingled enthusiastically with a group of senior citizens, engaging in a lofty conversation while peeling onions and potatoes with them and she was barely ten then; something that I don't see happening very often to young girls her age.

However nobody is without flaws and she has her own share of those too. She could get quite cranky easily especially when it comes to her younger brothers being overly playful and ignoring their responsibilities like praying or doing their fair bit of the chores. The downside of it is that this outburst could flare up and make her upset in the end.

Although they are well-intended, she realizes that her ways are not always with prudence. However, she is taking steps to deal with it with countless doa and effort. Alhamdulillah, she is beginning to demonstrate a more wiser tone now that she doesn't see her siblings as often as she would like to. The one thing that comes out right is that she knows almost immediately that she has to make amends.

For that, she also listens well to any good-intended advice and take heed of those reminders seriously. She is quite a high-achiever too, something that I'm most thankful for. Her spirit of competitiveness is envious and she does it with the right conscience and attitude, much to my satisfaction. On the flip side of it, she also has the knack and passion at art and crafts. Perhaps she takes after her late paternal grandmother who demonstrated dexterity with her hands and flowing, creative ideas.



In a nutshell, she to me is the daughter I have always dreamt of having and for that I feel so blessed and superfluously thankful to the Almighty. Needless to say, I am also grateful for the rest of my children too for they bring me unmatched joy and happiness in this world and hopefully, God willing, in the next one too. But above all, I am grateful that she turns out to be who she is now and I like her being just her, my God-sent beloved daughter. Oh my dear, I miss you so...

No comments:

Post a Comment